Friday, March 20, 2009

3 weeks in

It's been three weeks and I'm still in Mboro and obviously still alive. Pulaar class is going well even though the language makes absolutely no sense to me. The garden is coming along...there are some things growing...kind of. I am going back to Thies tomorrow for a few days to take some tests and get even more shots. I'm sorry that I'm so horrible at keeping in touch with everyone, it's kind of difficult. Thank goodness we met a volunteer that lives here so I can get free internet yay! Except we have completely intruded on his life since we met him. We finally went to the beach the other day and it was so nice to see the ocean. There's this little fishing village there called Mboro sur Mer. We really lucked out with our training site, it's absolutely wonderful. I must get home before dark but I will make another entry soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment